Sunday 28 January 2018

Diabetes Health Type 2: Agree to Disagree on Your Diabetes

From diabeteshealth.com

We all like to think that doctors know best when it comes to diabetes. However, I’ve learned that doctors don’t always agree when it comes to self management. For instance, when I was first diagnosed with diabetes, the doctor told me that an acceptable fasting glucose reading is between 90 and 110. Later, another doctor told me that an acceptable reading was between 90 and 120. This is only a ten point difference but it was interesting to hear that they disagreed on what was acceptable.
More than once, the possibility of me having to go on insulin has been held over my head whenever my A1C would rise above the 7.0 threshold. After one doctor saw that my A1C had crept up to 8.5 he hinted that I might have to go on insulin to control my diabetes. A few months later, another doctor brushed off the idea that I would need insulin and stated that I was a long way from needing insulin. It is interesting that opinions can vary from doctor to doctor.
I guess it really comes down to experience and personal beliefs surrounding diabetes. One thing that all doctors will agree on though is that if left unchecked, diabetes will kill you.

https://www.diabeteshealth.com/type-2-diabetes-agree-disagree-diabetes/

No comments:

Post a Comment